For an unknown new Christian author like myself, the Christian marketplace can be a hard place, real hard. Not only did I have to write the book and do much of the editing and layout myself, I’m also primarily responsible for marketing it.
Since the market is now inundated with books due to the low cost of self-publishing, it can be quite difficult to land book reviews, for example. The book reviewers are flooded with way more books than they can possibly review. This is driving the demand for paid book reviews.
In my effort to get our book reviewed, I sent emails to many different book reviewers. Only two responded.
- 1 full page review of your book on this site, Life Purpose Books.com.
- 1 review with different keywords on my Christian Book Review Blog.
- 1 announcement of my review on my blog for this site.
- Reviews will be written with specific keywords placed strategically for SEO ranking.
- Announcements in my two monthly newsletters
- Free banner advertising on specific pages of this site (I will make the banner free if needed).
- Announcements posted on three of my Facebook pages
- Broadcasts posted on my Twitter Account
- I will include your email and website address if you wish to promote them and any other information you may have such as interview links for example.
- Page construction for Search Engine Optimization to achieve great page ranking
- 1 full review on this site, Victory Bible Studies (click on examples below) with specific keywords placed strategically for SEO ranking with a post on it’s blog
- 1 full review on my popular Christian Money Growth.com site which will be slightly different than for this site to achieve better page ranking and to target a larger audience. It also includes a post on it’s blog.
- Announcements in my monthly newsletters
- Announcements posted on four of my Christian Facebook pages
- Regular broadcasts posted on my Twitter Account and the major social networks.
- Your other books will be listed.
- Amazon.com ads on my websites to sell your book if you have your book listed on their site.
- Free ads created to advertise on my Victory Bible Studies and Christian Money Growth sites
- 1 free ad for your book on my Victory Thru Christ site.
- I will include your email and website address if you wish to promote them
- I will continue to promote your book!
I decided to go with the second option and, thus far, she has delivered all of this:
Book Review Pages:
Pages that Contain an Ad for your Book:
When I do a Google search for the title of our book, one of her pages comes up first even before Amazon’s or my own website’s! Impressive!
Due to the small fees that she charges, she certainly isn’t in this to get rich.
Margaret Lukasik provides a priceless service to Christian authors for very small fees.
Finally, I would like to mention Sarah Bolme, author of the book Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace. Sarah also provides valuable services to Christian authors. Her book is an excellent resource that very practically describes what the author should be doing in every step of the book publishing process.
Sarah has been very helpful to me. In fact, she even referred me to my publisher, Tate Publishing.
In addition, for an annual fee, she offers membership to Christian Small Publishers Association. This service is very valuable, especially to self-published authors. She offers book distribution and many other invaluable benefits to members.
I would love to hear from you. What has been your experience as a Christian author? Have you found it to be hard? Who has helped you out along the way?